Why Use CBD Skincare?
The trend in cannabidiol (CBD) is that there is something for everyone these days. Whether you prefer taking it in the form of oils, capsules, candles, flowers, sprays or gummies, you have plenty of options available. In fact, you can even buy it in the form of skincare products.
But what are the benefits of using it as a CBD face cream, moisturiser, serum, lip balm or cleanser? What does it offer to your skin? Here, we’ll go over the benefits of CBD skincare, how to use it and how to pick the best product for your skin.
Is CBD Good for Your Skin: The Benefits of Using CBD Skincare
In 2020, the global CBD skincare market saw a 20.32% growth. By 2025, it’s expected to expand at a CAGR of 32.9% to reach a valuation of approximately £1.29 billion. With these figures, it’s safe to assume that the CBD trend seems to be here to stay for the foreseeable future.
So what can CBD actually do for your skin?
CBD is an excellent ingredient used in cosmetics because it provides a host of anti-inflammatory benefits along with its antioxidant properties.
- Helps with wrinkles and skin ageing: CBD has antioxidant properties, which can combat free radical damage in the body, helping reduce the visible signs of ageing and minimise wrinkles.
- Hydrates the skin: Using skin formulations containing CBD can help treat excessively dry skin.
- Improves acne: CBD may be a promising treatment for acne vulgaris due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
- Improves the appearance of acne scars: Can CBD help improve acne scars? The answer is yes. Patients with acne scars experienced significant improvement in skin parameters after using CBD-enriched ointments. Topical CBD ointment can provide some patients with skin disorders with a safe, non-invasive method of improving quality of life.
- Reduces breakouts: CBD is not only helpful in reducing inflammation caused by breakouts. Due
to its ability to regulate oil production, it can also reduce the overall occurrences of breakouts.
- Reduces inflammation: CBD may aid in reducing inflammation and the redness that accompanies existing breakouts.
- Regulates oil production: CBD can be administered as a means of suppressing sebocyte proliferation, which is responsible for the production of sebum.
How to Apply CBD Skincare
As for how CBD skincare may be applied, it depends on the specific product you choose to use. For home beauty products such as a CBD cream, cleanser, moisturiser, serum, spray or mask, it is best to apply them in the same order as you would use everyday skincare. Make sure that you follow the instructions on the product label carefully. After determining how frequently to use the product, the right amount to use and the best way to apply it, you should be good to go.
Remember that the key to getting good results is starting slowly, so you can observe how your skin reacts to various products you’re using. Applying an excessive amount of product to your skin might irritate it.
How to Pick the Right Skincare Product for You
If you’re interested in buying CBD skincare products but don’t know where to start, here are some shopping tips.
- Check its main benefits. The best CBD skincare product is one that addresses the issues you have or want to avoid. Are you looking for a product that hydrates your skin or one that diminishes fine lines and wrinkles?
- Ensure that the product suits your skin type.
- Check for safety certifications.
- Look at customer reviews to help you gauge brand reputation.
- Talk to your dermatologist beforehand, particularly if you have a skin problem that requires managing.
Holistic Herb offers various CBD skincare products for both face and body. Check out our CBD creams today.